San Antonio Art League and Museum

View Calendar
August 24, 2019 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
San Antonio Art League and Museum
Address: 130 King William St, San Antonio, TX 78204, USA

THE SAN ANTONIO ART LEAGUE & MUSEUM
IS ALWAYS FREE  AND  OPEN TO THE PUBLIC -- 

Founded in 1912, the San Antonio Art League & Museum welcomes you to its home in the beautiful historic King William District of San Antonio.

SAALM is a must-see architectural jewel-box for lovers of traditional and contemporary art. Visit our current exhibit, ask about our extensive Permanent Collection, and browse our Members Gallery and Gift Shop.

SAAL&M is the oldest arts organization in San Antonio and home to an extensive Permanent Collection of works by notable Texas artists such as Robert and Julian Onderdonk, Jose Arpa, Emma Richardson Cherry, E.G. Eisenlohr, Mary Bonner, Charles Umlauf and Amy Freeman Lee. The heart of the collection is the paintings from the Edgar B. Davis Texas Wildflower Competitive Exhibitions in the 1920's.

Related upcoming events

  • September 17, 2019 10:00 AM - September 17, 2019 4:00 PM

    The San Antonio Fire Museum is, and probably always will be, a "work in progress."  Volunteers are constantly working to add new displays, including more antique trucks that we have acquired.  These trucks sometimes take months (or sometimes, years) to restore and prepare for exhibition.

    What began as a dream of 5 firefighters assigned together at old #19's station in 1997, the Museum finally found a home in the former "Central Fire Headquarters," or Fire Station #1's, and we finally opened our doors on May 31, 2013.  It didn't take us long to run out of display space, and we have now expanded into the next-door "Annex", another WPA project that housed the San Antonio Fire Department Shops, located next door to the Museum. A kid's area, more trucks, an EMS display, and a small theater showing short videos of the history of the Fire Service, and even how Firefighters train today!

  • September 17, 2019 10:00 AM - September 17, 2019 4:00 PM

    About Villa Finale

    A home standing through a city's history

    The house now known as "Villa Finale" was built by hardware merchant Russel C. Norton in 1876 as a one-story, four room single family residence on what had been Alamo farmlands during the Spanish period. During the time of its original construction, the surrounding King William neighborhood was a desirable location for the city's largely wealthy German families.

    However, a devastating flood in 1921 changed the neighborhood's fortunes as the old German families, which had already begun moving away at the beginning of the 20th century, chose homes further away from downtown and the San Antonio River.  Through it all, the house, which took on its Italianate look by 1904, went through a variety of owners reflecting the changes going on throughout the city and region.

  • September 18, 2019 10:00 AM - September 18, 2019 4:00 PM

    The San Antonio Fire Museum is, and probably always will be, a "work in progress."  Volunteers are constantly working to add new displays, including more antique trucks that we have acquired.  These trucks sometimes take months (or sometimes, years) to restore and prepare for exhibition.

    What began as a dream of 5 firefighters assigned together at old #19's station in 1997, the Museum finally found a home in the former "Central Fire Headquarters," or Fire Station #1's, and we finally opened our doors on May 31, 2013.  It didn't take us long to run out of display space, and we have now expanded into the next-door "Annex", another WPA project that housed the San Antonio Fire Department Shops, located next door to the Museum. A kid's area, more trucks, an EMS display, and a small theater showing short videos of the history of the Fire Service, and even how Firefighters train today!

  • September 18, 2019 10:00 AM - September 18, 2019 4:00 PM

    About Villa Finale

    A home standing through a city's history

    The house now known as "Villa Finale" was built by hardware merchant Russel C. Norton in 1876 as a one-story, four room single family residence on what had been Alamo farmlands during the Spanish period. During the time of its original construction, the surrounding King William neighborhood was a desirable location for the city's largely wealthy German families.

    However, a devastating flood in 1921 changed the neighborhood's fortunes as the old German families, which had already begun moving away at the beginning of the 20th century, chose homes further away from downtown and the San Antonio River.  Through it all, the house, which took on its Italianate look by 1904, went through a variety of owners reflecting the changes going on throughout the city and region.

  • September 19, 2019 10:00 AM - September 19, 2019 4:00 PM

    The San Antonio Fire Museum is, and probably always will be, a "work in progress."  Volunteers are constantly working to add new displays, including more antique trucks that we have acquired.  These trucks sometimes take months (or sometimes, years) to restore and prepare for exhibition.

    What began as a dream of 5 firefighters assigned together at old #19's station in 1997, the Museum finally found a home in the former "Central Fire Headquarters," or Fire Station #1's, and we finally opened our doors on May 31, 2013.  It didn't take us long to run out of display space, and we have now expanded into the next-door "Annex", another WPA project that housed the San Antonio Fire Department Shops, located next door to the Museum. A kid's area, more trucks, an EMS display, and a small theater showing short videos of the history of the Fire Service, and even how Firefighters train today!

  • September 19, 2019 10:00 AM - September 19, 2019 4:00 PM

    About Villa Finale

    A home standing through a city's history

    The house now known as "Villa Finale" was built by hardware merchant Russel C. Norton in 1876 as a one-story, four room single family residence on what had been Alamo farmlands during the Spanish period. During the time of its original construction, the surrounding King William neighborhood was a desirable location for the city's largely wealthy German families.

    However, a devastating flood in 1921 changed the neighborhood's fortunes as the old German families, which had already begun moving away at the beginning of the 20th century, chose homes further away from downtown and the San Antonio River.  Through it all, the house, which took on its Italianate look by 1904, went through a variety of owners reflecting the changes going on throughout the city and region.

  • September 20, 2019 10:00 AM - September 20, 2019 4:00 PM

    The San Antonio Fire Museum is, and probably always will be, a "work in progress."  Volunteers are constantly working to add new displays, including more antique trucks that we have acquired.  These trucks sometimes take months (or sometimes, years) to restore and prepare for exhibition.

    What began as a dream of 5 firefighters assigned together at old #19's station in 1997, the Museum finally found a home in the former "Central Fire Headquarters," or Fire Station #1's, and we finally opened our doors on May 31, 2013.  It didn't take us long to run out of display space, and we have now expanded into the next-door "Annex", another WPA project that housed the San Antonio Fire Department Shops, located next door to the Museum. A kid's area, more trucks, an EMS display, and a small theater showing short videos of the history of the Fire Service, and even how Firefighters train today!

  • September 20, 2019 10:00 AM - September 20, 2019 4:00 PM

    About Villa Finale

    A home standing through a city's history

    The house now known as "Villa Finale" was built by hardware merchant Russel C. Norton in 1876 as a one-story, four room single family residence on what had been Alamo farmlands during the Spanish period. During the time of its original construction, the surrounding King William neighborhood was a desirable location for the city's largely wealthy German families.

    However, a devastating flood in 1921 changed the neighborhood's fortunes as the old German families, which had already begun moving away at the beginning of the 20th century, chose homes further away from downtown and the San Antonio River.  Through it all, the house, which took on its Italianate look by 1904, went through a variety of owners reflecting the changes going on throughout the city and region.

  • September 21, 2019 10:00 AM - September 21, 2019 4:00 PM

    About Villa Finale

    A home standing through a city's history

    The house now known as "Villa Finale" was built by hardware merchant Russel C. Norton in 1876 as a one-story, four room single family residence on what had been Alamo farmlands during the Spanish period. During the time of its original construction, the surrounding King William neighborhood was a desirable location for the city's largely wealthy German families.

    However, a devastating flood in 1921 changed the neighborhood's fortunes as the old German families, which had already begun moving away at the beginning of the 20th century, chose homes further away from downtown and the San Antonio River.  Through it all, the house, which took on its Italianate look by 1904, went through a variety of owners reflecting the changes going on throughout the city and region.

  • September 21, 2019 10:00 AM - September 21, 2019 4:00 PM

    The San Antonio Fire Museum is, and probably always will be, a "work in progress."  Volunteers are constantly working to add new displays, including more antique trucks that we have acquired.  These trucks sometimes take months (or sometimes, years) to restore and prepare for exhibition.

    What began as a dream of 5 firefighters assigned together at old #19's station in 1997, the Museum finally found a home in the former "Central Fire Headquarters," or Fire Station #1's, and we finally opened our doors on May 31, 2013.  It didn't take us long to run out of display space, and we have now expanded into the next-door "Annex", another WPA project that housed the San Antonio Fire Department Shops, located next door to the Museum. A kid's area, more trucks, an EMS display, and a small theater showing short videos of the history of the Fire Service, and even how Firefighters train today!